Saturday, January 21, 2017

Fog

Hello,

The fog was rather thick this morning as I drove to work. The number of cars that I met with no lights on is a bit unsettling. I can’t decide if others think lights are not necessary or they just forget. I was happy to arrive and get off the road.

The day went quickly as I had a lot of work to do. Monday there will be more as I did not finish. It must be called job security. I do not know how easy it will be to replace me as I am half time which is not attractive to many people. Leroy is thinking the same thing about his museum job. Perhaps someone could combine our two jobs into one job. At least the sites are within driving distance. Are there any catalogers out there?

My insurance company is a nonprofit. As such they have something called action teams. I applied for and got two grants from them. One of them was to buy English learning software for an organization that works with immigrant woman from two African countries. Yesterday I met with the woman who is in charge of that to give her the money. I learned there that she can get this software free from the public library, but she really needed laptops. The money will go to buy one laptop. That feels good even though it is not really my money that I am giving away. My other action team is to buy multicultural books for the little free libraries in my neighborhood and the next neighborhood. I am compiling a list of titles and will start buying some of them soon. Again I feel quite good about giving these books as I feel many books are only aimed at Caucasian readers which does not help children who are of other groups to feel represented in our culture.


Paula

No comments: