Friday, January 27, 2017

Are We In Shape?

Hello,

Leroy went to the hospitals today to visit people there. He found the stairs and climbed five flights. At that point he was puffing. He then climbed three more flights and puffed a little more. At the other hospital he climbed four flights and puffed a bit. When we were in MN for Brian’s graduation we were on the fifth floor. Both of us were puffing a little before we got to the top. Maybe we should go to the hospital to trot up and down the stairs. We certainly do not get much hill work here. We do have a flight of stairs, but I do not do it more than once at a time. Although in the course of the day I can go up and down several times there is always some separation so it does not feel like work.

I found some exercises that are good for getting ones heart rate raised. I will say that I cannot do them very easily. It takes some serious self talk to keep going. The good feeling at the end is often the biggest motivation.

The left front turn signal has gone out on my car. This morning I got a new bulb at the auto supply store. The guy there was so helpful. I am not quite used to such personal service. He came out and looked at the car to see how easy it was to put in. He could not get the hood open, but oh well. I know that Leroy knows how to do that.

Leroy is hoping for some warmer weather tomorrow as our garage has no heat in it only a bit of shelter from the wind. My car is also getting an oil change. I had thought about leasing a newer car, but will keep this for some time longer as it is much cheaper to do that. At the moment, it still functions so I do not really need a new car. My plan is that when we retire we will only have one car. So I do not really want to buy a new car, but this one is a 2004 and has 135,000 miles on it. It can be a tricky walk knowing when it is long enough and when it is best to keep.

Paula


No comments: