Monday, January 23, 2017

Christmas Cactus

Hello,

My white Christmas cactus has one large white blossom on it that should open soon. I am pleased. It had bloomed so well before that I did not hope for another session now. Guess one branch had no bud before. The pink plant has multiple blossoms on it. Several of which have already opened. It is lovely indeed. Blooms in the winter time brighten my day.

One of the amaryllis is sending up a very large bud case which might open while we are gone next week. Perhaps it can visit our downstairs friends so someone can enjoy it. I certainly do not want to transport it any farther than downstairs as it is quite a heavy bud and has to be propped up.

I also have a primrose that I bought last week. Leroy came up with the Slovak word for this great early spring bloomer. I suppose it was stuck back in the recesses of his brain. We were introduced to this plant in Slovakia and so enjoyed them for weeks as we could put them between the two panes of glass. They love the coolness so they bloomed happily.

I also have two poke-a-dot plants which are coming into their glory after sinking down into despair. I so enjoy and get a lift from seeing all of these plants. Now if the clivia would bloom life would be complete, or would it? It is not so likely to bloom as they talk about not watering from October to January and I have water a little. It also likes much cooler temperatures than I do. Oh well. It is quite robust looking especially now that it has produced five offspring. So it must like something about the care I give it.

Happy plants to you. May you find some plants that enrich your life.


Paula

No comments: