Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Life Mysteries and Technology

Hello,

Sometimes I feel that we sit on a heap of technological riches and know nothing about them. Sometimes technology does unexplainable things.

About a month or two ago the Bluetooth between Leroy’s phone and the car stopped working. He swears he did nothing to it to stop it. He fiddled with it; I fiddled with it to no avail. Course I know nothing about it except to follow the instructions in the book that came with the car. He took his phone off the list and started fresh without getting any farther. The next step was talking with several people, younger people who have a much tighter and happier connection with new technology than we do. None of them was able to offer any step that solved the problem. It might have helped if one of them actually touched the devices, but that did not happen.

Last night when I came home, I noticed a voice mail on the phone. Leroy said, “One of those would be me.”

I wondered why he had called the house and forgotten about it. The message just talked about checking to learn if something worked.

“When I was in the car I noticed that I had a connection with the Bluetooth. On looking deeper, there were no contacts listed. I remember the home phone number so I called to see if it worked. It did. When I got back to the contact list all my numbers were in there!” Leroy beamed.

There is no explanation for all of this coming and going. Is someone pulling our chain? Right now we are just happy that it all works once more.


Paula

No comments: