Monday, January 16, 2017

Icy Day

Hello,

Leroy and I both stayed home from work because of ice. For him the museum closed. It seems to me that should be an easy decision. He tells me that he would have liked to have been there because he could have gotten so much done in the quiet. I called my work place to tell them I did not want to drive the 12 miles. That was the right thing when I called, but just now I was outside and the alley did not have much ice on it. I felt that it would have been safe to travel, however coming home might have been another matter.

In the mean time I have washed a load of laundry. I hung it on the racks to get more moisture in the room, contribute to my health by moving around, contribute to the health of the earth by not using fossil fuels, and be thankful for the blessings in my life that allow me to make choices.

I also spent some time exercising and raising my heart rate without jumping or leaping. By the time I was done with this routine my breathing was literally a pant.

Later I was looking for some papers in the file cabinet. That led to more purging of unneeded papers. Leroy joined in. I carried out quite a basketful to the recycle bin. Love that light feeling. “Moving will be easier,” I told Leroy.

He just smiled and hugged me. Perhaps he thinks there is more to moving than just lightening the file cabinet.

Speaking of lighten; I have lost about two pounds on this low fiber diet. I miss my nuts, but I can have peanut butter as long as it is not chunky. I start the liquids and purging tomorrow so I expect my weight to go down a bit more.


Paula

No comments: