Thursday, January 26, 2017

Poor Fish

Hello,

There was fish drama at the library today. When I got there my boss told me that two of the five fish had died. I was not surprise because the last day I had worked I noticed that when fed, two of the fish did not come fighting to the surface for their share instead they just loitered at the bottom appearing quite disinterested. Usually if they were not pushing to the surface they would swim madly around below that spot hoping for a morsel to come their way. I learned of their demise before my 8:00AM yoga class. About ten minutes into the class, Sarah came in to tell me that she was going to get some more fish. The story time kids are quite attached to these fish and the children would come at ten. Because reason for death was an unknown, she brought back a new tank, gravel, plants, and castle for them to hide in along with eight fish including a plecostomus. The old fish which might be dying of old age or some unknown disease were relegated to the meeting room behind the door so no children could spot them.

The new tank looks quite fine and all fish appear to be comfortable in their new digs. Amazingly no child asked to feed them or even looked at them in particular today. You just never know how it is all going to turn out.

The old fish were two years old. Three girls left them with us because they had purchased them on impulse and could not take them home. Those fish have provided a lot of fascination and instruction for the many children who come to the library. I have to confess that I looked at them every day. There is something about a living moving creature that attracts attention. I am not deprived, but instead will have an expanded view.

The sun shone for about five minutes today. Leroy and I sat by the window so we could soak up the full benefit.


Paula

No comments: