Saturday, January 14, 2017

Opera Night

Hello,

Thursday Leroy called me at work to find out if I would like to go the opera. Well that was an easy yes decision. Someone had been given a pair of tickets that they were now unable to use so we did not mind being third in line for the use of these gifts. While there we saw someone we knew and they offered us a pair of tickets for two weeks later. We are planning to go south then so we will see how we make our plans.

Last night we bundled up, but drove the car because it is over two miles away. As we approached the theater we both thought we might be “under dressed”. But as I said, “Once the lights are dim, no one will notice.”

Certainly I did feel comfortable as people’s dress went through the entire spectrum.

There was a translation from the Italian scrolling across the top and front. I whispered to Leroy, “It is so great that it is in English and not in Slovak.”

He laughed, but I remember struggling with my limited Slovak and nonexistent Italian to understand what was happening in the operas there. Mostly I just got to the point of settling back to enjoy the music and performers and ignore the words or sentiment.

After we got home Leroy said, “Thank you for introducing me to music other than what I had known before I met you. I do like this music.”

Paula


No comments: