Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Small things

Hello,

Sometimes the small things make all the difference. We have two shower heads one that is stationary and one that has moving flexibility. I would use the flexible one and lazily let it drop to the floor of the shower where it would thump lightly against the surface until I needed it again. Leroy disagrees, but all of this dropping caused a crack in the piece. Leroy got a new hose and replaced it. It is wonderful now. This new hose is so much more flexible than the old. It makes me happy to use this new thing that moves every way that I want. I am not dropping it anymore, but treating it like the good friend that it is. May it last a long time.

I have a reliable volunteer who comes to the library once a week. I frequently save jobs for him to do. Yesterday was just such a day. However last evening he called to say that his car was in the shop and he would be unable to come. For some this might seem like a small thing, but I certainly noticed his absence. That work is still waiting for me to get at it.

Do I need a clock on my side of the bed? When I want to see what time it is, I have to roll over from my preferred sleeping side, lift my head, squint nearsightedly at the clock, and guess at the time. Most of the time, this does not matter as I have no need to know precisely the time. I woke up early today. I checked the time as I went to the bathroom. Since it was too early I went back to bed, but not to sleep. Leroy breathed in deep sleep mode. I did not want to wake him so I lay very still. When he finally woke it was later than we usually get up. So the morning was a rush compared to our regular style. Small thing, but should I change it?


Paula

No comments: