Friday, December 30, 2016

Store Return Woes

Hello,

On Wednesday I returned the sweater because of that tight feeling in the armpits. It was a sad time because I liked it so much. Also Leroy gave it to me. I looked around and found one that is quite different, but I still like it. Yesterday I learned that I have some reward dollars that I must spend before the end of the year. So back to the store today. I saw a sweater that looked a lot like “mine” on the rack. I tried it on and sure enough it was mine still with that gripping sensation in the armpits. How did I get so proprietary about something that I only had in my possession for a few short days?

I finally found a top that I believe is acceptable, but still not as good as the one I almost had.

I have written a letter about the slippers that are too small for Leroy, but have not emailed it yet. Seems to me it is a bit of a rambling tale. More short and to the point might have more sway. Or perhaps I should just have Miriam call as she has offered to do. More than once in the stores I have thought, “Miriam should be with me since she likes to shop. I could send her out like a bird dog that points at what I want.”

Leroy has decided to only keep the better extension cord that I got for him. That means I must take back the other. It seems that I have entered a phase of life that does not give me much joy, rather anxiety and a sigh of relief when it is finally done. Relief is always good. I will try to focus on that.

Leroy has put in a full work week. He has worked most days at the museum, but he is the pastor on call so he has done some work for the church too, including a funeral. He will be glad when other people come back next week and he can just do his usual things.

You can’t feel too sorry for this guy because on Monday night he told me, “I must be a workaholic. I have had off a day and a half and I am bored and wondering what to do. If I could be outside it would be different.”


Paula

No comments: