Monday, December 19, 2016

Procrastination

Hello,

The time has come. Last night we got more than twenty Christmas cards ready for the mail box. This morning we did at least fifteen more. We have made progress with only a few left. Because of the internet we have slashed the number of cards that we send. Some year we might even include some pictures. I thought about a picture that is the background on my computer. It is a picture of Leroy and I after camping and while hiking in the Utah Wasatch Mountains. We had not showered and I am not sure that I had even combed my hair. It seemed like the real us. In some ways we do not even look too bad. Perhaps it is much closer to our normal look than we allow ourselves to know.

Because we are sending out these cards so late, I have a wild urge so write a little note to the postal workers. It would say, “It is my fault that this is so late going out. Procrastination can be seductive. You do not have to work harder than usual to send them along. They can be late. It will be ok.”

At any rate we are just putting them in the corner mail box as is. Leroy and I have a system. He addresses, signs them, and puts them in the envelop. Sometimes he leaves them open so I can write something more on the card and sometimes he seals it up. I have been writing on everyone that I handle, consequently I do not get so many finished. Leroy seems to feel we have said it all and I feel that there is always more to say.

Now we need more stamps. Tomorrow is another day.


Paula

No comments: