Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Internet shopping

Hello,

Leroy and I must not be the best candidates for internet shopping. We have gotten some things with little fuss, but then there is the big fuss. It was quite easy to order slippers on line. They seemed so nice that Leroy also ordered a pair. Leroy’s pair came, but they were the wrong size. Leroy mailed them back after consulting the company. He is not sure how it happened, but he paid a lot of money to send them back. The gift pair did not come in time for us to hand it personally to the recipient. So they also had to be mailed on, but at half the cost of mailing the first pair. Leroy’s replacement pair came. They seemed to be the proper size of large, but his toes were bunching up against the front of the shoe. I tried them on too, we have almost the same size foot, and my toe also touched, but not too much, however after about five minutes of wear with no sock my toes started to hurt.

“I am going to give these away,” Leroy said.

“That may be, but I think you should contact the company and get some reimbursement for that extra postage,” I declared.

Leroy declined so I said, “Ok, I will do it then.”

“Thank you,” he said to my dismay. I was hoping that he would step up to the bar since I was volunteering.

Neither of us likes to deal with this type of thing. I do feel that the company made some mistakes and therefore should pay for them. That feeling seems to be stronger than not liking to do it. Now I just need to find some strength and courage to get it done. There are all sorts of questions in my mind about how to word the email that I will send. Or heaven forbid, do I need to call them?

Our children did not inherit this hesitancy about dealing with errors in a product. How did that happen? I see them step right up and face it head on.

If we had gone to a store Leroy could have tried these on and the fit would have been good or he would not have purchased them. Also we would have had them in time to make the gift delivery in person. Seems I know many who just love doing internet shopping, but I am not in the category.


Paula

No comments: