Friday, December 2, 2016

Leroy's Eyes

Hello,

Leroy was quite excited when he came home from the eye doctor. His eyes had improved enough that they could take the film off the lens. So now he is back to the prism glasses that he got last summer. Those eyes are not normal, but they have made progress in that direction. He had been to several therapy sessions. Now the question is can he do this on his own or should he go for more guided therapy. He tells me that he still sees double without glasses, but nothing like it had been in the past. We are just so grateful that someone has figured out what to do about these conditions.

 I hung out clothes this morning. It was wonderful to be out there. This afternoon when I went out to get the clothes in the house I heard a lot of squirrel walnut eating. Looking up in the walnut tree, I counted six squirrels up there. No wonder it was so noisy. I just find that a delight. I am thankful for these creatures that can entertain with their eating. In a bit I heard a sound in the catalpa tree. Soon I spotted a nuthatch. I believe I have never heard one before. As I watched, it hopped up to a branch, pecked at a walnut, and dropped it to the ground. This bird then hopped up to another branch and repeated the drill. When it was working on the third branch a squirrel raced down the trunk of the walnut tree, zoomed past me, climbed up the tree and chased the nuthatch away. Territorial space? Who knows, but I found it quite interesting. It lifts my spirits to go outside and learn what is happening out there. Even in the small back yard there is action if we just take the time to look for it.

Our front garden is still beautiful with those collards and kale dominating the scene. I will have to pick them soon because it is to be much colder next week.


Paula

No comments: