Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Day

Hello,

Blessings to you all as you contemplate where your life should be strong and where you need to focus. Merry Christmas!

Leroy and I exchanged gifts early in the morning with not as much excitement as where there are children present, but smiles and joy covered the scene. Leroy got two extension cords from me. The first was because I found it and the second was because we were in a store with a sale of 16% off any item that would fit in their bag. It did not find the exact same cord, but it was half the price. Leroy wants to keep them both as he has two cords that have some repairs to them and they seem a little unsafe. Skeptically I asked, “Why do you need so many cords?” (He already has four of them.)

Sometimes he wants to go a long distance from the power source. Two of the cords that are still good have only two prongs and he needs those to get powered in the older style garage outlet. The two that I got for him are three prong deals. One of them will withstand temps of -40 or 140 degrees. Can’t imagine why he would be in that low or high a temp, but he will be ready now. That one also has three outlets on it so he can plug in other things. I thought he would pick the cheaper one and send back the other, but the way it is now we will keep both. Can’t you just see Leroy plugging these cords in and doing wonderful powerful things?

Leroy bought a nice cardigan sweater for me that I like the color and the feel of very much. I decided to wear it to church today. It is a small which is my usual size; however when I put it on over the turtle neck I immediately noticed that it was tight in the armpits. I took off that turtle neck replacing it with one that is thinner. It felt better, but still not the best. I wore it to church, but noticed, from time to time, the rubber band feeling in my armpits. Now the question is should I return it or keep it, hoping it will stretch out and feel better later?

Leroy and I went to church at different times this morning. He was working and wanted to get there earlier than I needed to. When I got to church a woman asked, “Are you doing anything special for lunch?”

Leroy and I went to her house for lunch along with two other women from church as well as a large group of former Liberians. It was a very nice experience, so casual that I did not have to be concerned about fitting in.

For supper we had waffles with plain yogurt, topped with unsweetened cherries, and the whole drizzled with black strap molasses. Leroy said, “Waffle cherry delight.”

Guess we have created a new dish.


Paula

No comments: