Friday, December 16, 2016

Our Christmas letter

Hello,

Leroy and I had written our Christmas letter before this last weekend, but just had copies made and it sat on the table while we were gone. For some reason we did not print off a copy to proofread. The printed copy helps me to see the mistakes. We were in just too much of a rush. After coming home, I just kept doing other things. Last night I read through it and marked all of the errors. When Leroy came home I told him that I was embarrassed to send it out in its present condition. He agreed. Uncharacteristically for us we ignored the money we had spent to have it copied and proceeded to make changes, even a little bit of text changed. I feel much better now and I hope Leroy does too. We will work on it tonight and into the weekend. I work tomorrow so I cannot be here to do much. Also, in the evening we are invited to an open house. Not much time there. We go to church Sunday morning with sometime in the afternoon for decorating the church tree. I hope someone tells me a little to the right or a little higher or something, because that is not my skill in life.

My list of non skills seems to grow when I am not looking. What are my skills? My boss and fellow workers tell me that I am good with the public. Sometimes they even step aside so I can do it. I believe that means they are not as comfortable as I am.

Our tree is still in the box so we will possibly get it up this weekend as well. Because I did not finish this so fast, the tree is now warming up in the living room as its attic home is quite cold today.  Other decorations are doing the same so we can handle them without getting cold hands.

One thing nice about the cold is that it cools the bean soup that we had for supper. Love that enclosed back porch! We had Brussels sprouts from the front garden as well as kale in recent days. A little bit of cabbage (small heads) went into the soup tonight. We had corn bread with applesauce and drizzled with molasses. It was all accompanied with a glass of great apple cider. I do like winter when all is snug and sheltered.


Paula

No comments: