Saturday, December 24, 2016

Putting Leroy to work

Hello,

Guess I just do not want that guy to sit around reading. I asked before we got out of bed if he would be willing to vacuum. He agreed. He politely waited until I was done doing my yoga session before he started. He did a great job. Later, I was putting some papers away in the file cabinet. I realized that at the end of the year I could eliminate many papers, especially those from two or three years ago. One of the files has a lot of papers in it that concern Leroy. So I asked if he would be willing to go through it. He did, but he huffed and puffed a little just to let me know that he really did not want to do it, but did not want to say no. He gets no joy out of this task. I, however, like the slim files when we are done and feeling of being lighter. I especially do not want to leave it all until just before we move as that is too much pressure work. We had so many papers that we needed to make a trip out to the recycle bin before we could finish. I consider that progress.

Leroy did read for about 1.5-2 hours before we got started on these things. Then he read some more. The phone rang summoning him to the hospital where a person was facing death. After that he needed to go to church to work both for the service on the 31st as well as the services that are held this afternoon and evening.

He will be off next Monday. I will be working in the afternoon and evening so I cannot make so many requests on his time. Lucky guy, he can just read to his heart’s content. Leroy is the pastor on call at the church next week, but for Monday he is working at the museum so his boss can have some vacation. I guess if he gets called during work hours, he will just lock the library and come back later.

I am looking forward to walking to church tonight, but wondering what to wear on my feet as it is wet now, will it be icy later? If it is just a bit of ice on the sidewalk, we often walk on the streets for the less used thoroughfares. That seems to work quite well.


Paula

No comments: