Friday, December 23, 2016

Bike Weather?

Hello,

Leroy said, “It’s 30 degrees and that is about the high for the day.”

It seemed like bike riding weather to me, but I did not say anything as I saw Leroy get ready to leave in non bike riding clothes.

I went shopping later and was surprised to see pellets of snow/ice hit the windshield. When I came out of the store it was snowing as in pelting down. I brushed the wet snow off the windows, and used the windshield wiper frequently. By the time I was done shopping the snow was done. Leroy would not have been happy to have been in that and now the streets are very wet. Not riding the bike was a smart move on his part.

Sometimes I hear someone talk about the cashiers in the stores who do not know how to make change, but depend on the electronics. Today I paid in cash and I wanted to give the clerk three pennies. She had already keyed in my bills. When I asked about giving her the pennies she told me how much change I would get without giving her those pennies. Remembering what others have said I assumed that she did not know what to do about those pennies. Deciding not to embarrass her I just accepted the change that the machine showed. I believe that working in a restaurant years ago was a good learning experience for dealing with all sorts of cash. Life has changed indeed. At least the machines are accurate all the time, or at least that is what I believe. I know that I did make a mistake from time to time.

Today, I did not see a single person on a bicycle. Often I do see them even on the coldest days.

Daughter Sarah in DC posted that the town was empty. I certainly could not say the same as I waited in line in more than one store.


Paula

No comments: