Monday, December 5, 2016

Ships Passing in the night

Hello,

Yesterday Leroy and I waved to each other on occasion. I got up and went to church fairly early. Leroy stayed home because he had been to church Saturday night. I stayed two hours because I attended book club. We had read the Martian. All of us liked it even though only one of us was a lover of Sci-Fi. Many of us skipped the formulas as being beyond our comprehension, but we all assumed they were accurate. We are an easy to fool group. Just give us a good story.

On the way home I enjoyed the beauty of the snow on the trees. I stopped at the community garden. After brushing the snow off the broccoli, I snapped off a sprig, popped it into my mouth, and reveled in the wonderful flavor. After that I checked out the collards and kale. Both look like snow is ok with them.

When I got home after walking carefully to avoid a fall, I learned that Leroy was getting ready to go back to church as he does a
Blue Christmas service to help people deal with loss and grief at the holidays. I ate lunch, sat down for a brief time before I headed out to go usher at a choir concert. It was indeed well worth the trip through that slush and snow.

When I got home, Leroy was focusing on the class that he was teaching that night. We did eat early together before he headed back out to return at about 9:00 pm.

We spent the entire night in bed together, but after we went to sleep there was little to no interaction.


Paula

No comments: