Saturday, December 3, 2016

Darkness moves in

Hello,

While out shopping yesterday I had to use the restroom. The store was small so the bathroom was only a two stall affair. I moved in confidently even thought it took a couple more seconds than I liked for the motion light to notice my presence and flood the place with light. Just as I got seated the light went out. “It must need a little more motion,” I thought as I got up and waved my arms to no avail.

I really needed to use the facilities, and when I opened the stall door when the light popped back on. “All is good,” I thought as I proceeded to settle back down and proceed.

The light went off again as I was at a point of no return. I waved my arms in the air hoping to catch some sensor by surprise. It did not work. Darkness is quite solid in a place with no windows or other external light. It encloses one in its space.  “It will be ok, I know where the door is, I know where the toilet paper is, and I can hear noises outside so people are still out there.” I thought as I tried to move the process along in a timely manner.

“What will I say if someone else comes in?” I wondered. However no one else needed this place or they knew enough to stay away.

When I once again opened the stall door the lights came back on. I then proceeded to wash my hands and the lights went off once more. This time when I waved my hand in the air it made a connection and the light beamed on once more. I decided against drying my hands and made a quick exit. That was enough deep darkness for one day.


Paula

No comments: