Friday, January 3, 2014

Leroy's Time

Hello,

Leroy told me last night that he is having no trouble filling in his time off. And I thought he might miss me because I worked yesterday. Instead, he ran some errands and put a new faucet in our kitchen. Our landlord suggested it and assured Leroy that he would take full responsibility for anything that might go wrong. Those two amateur plumber guys made a trip to the store, asked a lot of questions of their helpful clerk, came back home, stopped the water, took out the old faucet, cleaned up the space, replaced the water shut off valve, and put in the new.

It works great including the sprayer. The old sprayer only got half of the water. The new faucet looks lovely, works easily and does not spray water in my face. Course the old unit only sprayed water at me occasionally, lulling me into a sense of false security before it blasted forth again. Now who could ask for more? I am so pleased. I do have to be a bit gentler with the new. I am accustomed to using a certain amount of force to turn on the water. I will have to mend my ways as I do not want to damage my new lovely unit.

Leroy was also pleased to get the faucet and to be able to help put it in without much difficulty. I guess if the shut off valve had not leaked it would have been a simple job. Our landlord and Leroy had complimentary tools so it all worked well; perhaps their skill sets were complimentary as well. I asked Leroy if they were ready to form a small company. He thought rather emphatically, no. Small satisfactions in life are to be savored and not expanded beyond reality.

Only the person who experiences the improvement can appreciate it in full measure. Appreciating, appreciating!


Paula

No comments: