Saturday, January 4, 2014

Connected

Hello,

I am now safely connected via my cell phone with the rest of the country if not the world. We have pay as you go phones and mine needed more days. I still had minutes to chat, but the contract was going to expire January 6. This may not seem like a big deal, but with my current phone it is a big deal.

I should be able to log into my account on the company website, but it tells me that this phone number is associated with a different account so I can do nothing on line. I am a bit miffed because they are surely sending me special offers as they know my time is running out; however I see none of those, perhaps they go to that email that I cannot access any longer.

The problems with connecting are twofold. In 2009 when I got this phone there was some type of issue. I remember making several calls and talking to at least three people before I was able to get my info and time, etc. switched to my new phone. Each time I have added more time stamina has been required. Somehow the phone number is not associated with any email accounts that I can get into.

This time was no exception. Mentally I blocked out a considerable amount of time to tend to this phone call. It took a bit of time to work my way through the automated system then the live person rattled along in rapid Spanish. At least I thought it was Spanish. When he took a breath I told him, with a sense of shame at my language lacks, “I need English.” At which point he gathered up his slower English. His accent was pronounced, but I did understand almost everything he said the first time it came forth.

He got from me all of the necessary information even asking if I had any promotion codes. I explained about my inaccessible account. He assured me that we would fix my access when we got the time added. He proceeded to put in all the necessary data and tell me that it would be a while because the system was running slow. I heard that statement several times. Twenty minutes later he told me that he was having trouble and his supervisor would help, but she were unavailable now so he would continue to try to help me. Little did this guy know that he had the customer account from hell as he told me every few minutes that he was still trying to solve the problems. He also told me about his supervisor more than once. Personally I think the supervisor was hiding.

Finally after 49 minutes, some of which I spent lying on the floor doing some exercises, meditating and just generally contemplating life, he was successful. I have another 365 days of phone use with 400 additional minutes. I had been hoping he would give me extra minutes just because of the length of this process, but he did not mention it. He also did not mention getting my account access up, having pity on him and me, I let it go.


Paula

No comments: