Monday, January 27, 2014

Leroy at work

Hello,

Leroy and I both went out to shovel this morning. There was not much snow, making it an easy job especially for two people. At least he did not seem tired and he zipped off to work. Course I think it unfair that he can park in the garage at work and I have to park outside in the elements. Chivalry does not extend to all situations. While I am on that subject, Leroy’s entrance to his side of the garage does not collect as much ice as mine does so I tend to slip a bit when I park at home. Luckily I have missed a collision each time.

Leroy commented that last year he thinks he might have driven the car to work about 20 days, and some of those were because of rain. This year we could not come up with a number but have a hard time remembering the last time he rode the bike to work. Such a difference a year makes. Now we think it is nice that we have the two cars, especially since the bus depot has changed and it is farther for Leroy thus affecting his arrival time. He cannot easily use the bus and get to work on time.

I knocked the clock off the wall at work and it broke. Would you believe that Leroy fixed it? I am impressed. I will take it back today and hang it up once more, vowing never to touch it if it seems to be cracked. People can just adjust their vision, right? If it were to be knocked off again, I think I could fix it because Leroy showed me what he did. I could replicate it.

I am grateful for furnaces and heating ducts. Right now I am making granola. So I am grateful to have a heat source in my kitchen that I can run with a gentle touch of a button. Spoiled I am.


Paula

No comments: