Friday, January 24, 2014

Such a Day

Hello,

Yesterday was a day that had its share of the unexpected. The cold was expected. I wondered if it were wise to head off an hour early so I could lead a group in yoga. However a check of the predicted temperature showed that it would be no warmer an hour later so I gathered more junk that I like to carry in one trip and headed off to the garage. I carried my lunch bag, purse, book bag, yoga bag, and a yoga mat with a strap. The hardest parts are locking and unlocking doors. I only had to put the bags down twice to get it all done. Again that car just started on the first turn of the key.

The sun was shining bright. About half way I remembered to take my eyes off the traffic and look for sun dogs. There were two brilliant examples with the one on the right outshining the one on the left. It was beautiful.

Two other people came for yoga so it was not wasted effort. Then it was time to work. Where are my computer glasses? I looked in the most likely places to no avail. I remembered putting them in my book bag, but they were not there. I called Leroy who looked around the house and out at the sidewalk, but did not see them. I retraced my steps from the car into the library. No glasses! Not only do they help me see, but they were rather expensive by my standard at $300. At least they were not new as I have had them for about three to four years. Later Leroy looked in the garage and reported not finding them on the floor.

I am disgusted. How could I lose such a large item in such a short walk? I wondered if they fell out of my bag as I was opening the garage door. I can just imagine that a squirrel might have found them, put them on, and impressed the neighborhood with a new look.


Paula

No comments: