Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More News

Hello,

Leroy got some more news about his current job. It has been now cut to 15 hours per week. The other news is that the church in WI does not want to interview him at this moment, but are interviewing the other candidate. However they want to keep Leroy’s name in case it all does not work out. Leroy has also been contacted by the bishop of another synod in WI. He will have a phone interview with that bishop tomorrow.

Because I will be working more hours than Leroy I suggested that he might take on some of the cleaning chores. To which he replied, “I had already thought of that.”  He is also looking for part time work in this area. It becomes a bit tricky when you do not know the future. Do you really want to start a job that may only be for a short time? We can still pay more expenses. I have gotten a raise so that gives me just a bit more than the rent and utilities after taxes, etc. I am not sure what Leroy is going to be making, but I believe it will be less than I make.

We could get Social Security money, but we wanted that to earn a bit more before we use it. At any rate, we have enough saved for a period of no job so we can mange for some time to come.

Hope abounds! More good and exciting times are in store for us. When Leroy and I first started on this less than stable job trek, I had a dream. That would have been in Moorhead, MN in 1999 when we were just looking at Leroy’s job that might last a measly four months. I had been unable to get more than just a few hours in a part time job. At that time worry was my most faithful companion, consuming my day in insidious ways.

I dreamed that I was driving a convertible even though I have never in my life driven a convertible. It was night and the wind was whipping through my hair. I felt wonderful and freer than I had in days in spite of the fact that there were no lights on this car. It was very dark outside and I was driving at higher speeds than I would normally go. As I was flying along in this euphoric state, God said, “See, you do not have to know where you are going.”

I almost immediately woke and felt like crying, saying, “God, thank you.”

God has been with us in ways I could not have predicted.


Paula

No comments: