Saturday, January 18, 2014

Almost Well

Hello,

I am almost well. At least I feel good. My nose still runs a little and I occasionally cough. By tomorrow I should be 100 percent.

Leroy beat me home, allowing him to shovel snow by the garage. Helped my assent into that car shelter. He was not in the apartment and it took me a while to realize that he had probably walked to the grocery store. After he came home he asked me to put the food away and he would shovel the front walk. I should have put on warm clothes once more and helped him, because I really wanted to be out there. It is not so cold so it is great to be out. At least tomorrow I will experience the great walk to church.

I am fortunate to be sick just a short time. It must be that flu shot working its magic. Leroy has not had one yet, but he has been surprisingly healthy. I feel that something is not right because generally he is more inclined to catch any passing germ adopting it as his new best friend. This year he has not been sick at all and I have been sick twice. The world is out of sync.

Leroy and I have the most un-American meals. Tonight we had leftover cubed cooked potatoes that I sautéed with onions, garlic, mushrooms, tofu, and spices turmeric and rosemary. Over that we put a few green beans and a small mixture of leftover vegetables. On the side there was red cabbage and apple salad. Oh there was a dab of salsa in a jar so we each had some of that along with a small amount of shredded cheese. Our meals are certainly unique, but we both like them. Leroy is quite adventuresome about food. He was the one who chose the spices.


Paula

No comments: