Friday, January 31, 2014

Grey Day

Hello,

It has been a grey day outside, but fine inside. Leroy’s birthday is coming up on Monday. I had forgotten that I should buy a present. When I asked what he wanted last week he replied, “Hugs and kisses.”

So I went shopping today without finding any great ideas or presents. Hugs and kisses it might be even if they are cheap, but not easy the way that Leroy hugs and kisses. I am really locked into the idea that it must be something from the store. Certainly make your own gifts are not in my skill packet.

I did buy another clock at the second hand store. This could have been a present for Leroy but, I have been missing the clock in the computer room since that one stopped and the battery is more expensive than this clock which will run with a single rechargeable AA battery. I wonder if the clock was marked incorrectly because it was less than a dollar and it looked much nicer than some clocks that were more than three dollars.

Leroy tackled our bank statement. I have been doing that. There was a mistake in the last two months and I did not take the time to figure it out as usual the bank thought we had more money than I thought we had so I did not feel alarmed. Leroy also added up our expenses for the months of November and December because I had not taken the time to do that. Maybe it will be good having this guy with more time on his hands. Gives me a bit more guilt free leisure time.

We are participating in a spiritual study at church. This week we are challenged to have a 48 hour fast from media. So just to let you know I will not be using the computer from this evening until Sunday evening. That means no radio, newspaper, or TV. Nothing that is connected to the outside world is to be consulted. The internet will be the hard part for me. It will be interesting to see how it feels.

For Christmas, Sarah and Stephen gave us a gift of fruit delivered to our door. We now have the coldest pears on record. I am still not sure if they were frozen or not. In spite of being in the house for three hours they are almost painfully cold. I would not want to grasp them for very long. Fruit in the winter is nice, but these are subjected to some extreme conditions. Never fear even if frozen all will be eaten. We might have a pear orgy.


Paula

No comments: