Friday, January 10, 2014

Traveling

Hello,

After hearing, on my way home from work that we were to have freezing rain in the night and more the next day, I asked Leroy, "Would you like to drive to Brian's house now?"

"Yes, lets see if it is OK with Brian if we come one night sooner," Leroy replied.

We leaped into action as soon as the OK was given. I packed. Leroy had already packed. Our presence at an evening meeting was relayed. A light supper eaten in a hurry. Toiletries packed. Warm gear gathered and stowed. Dishes washed. Landlord informed that we were leaving. A few things that we are giving to Brian packed. Gas for car purchased. Out of town and on the road as darkness closed in. Grateful for clear roads and not too much traffic.

I drove first so Leroy could nap, but no nap happened. Wrong time of day? Even though I drive home from work in the dark, I have become less comfortable driving at night. I learned that Leroy is even more so when he took his turn driving. He could not remember when he has driven out on the open road after dark. I had forgotten it has been so long. I thought it was nice when a car was ahead of me and I could tell how the curves evolving as they traversed them. Leroy agreed that it is a help.

Grandchildren were asleep when we got there. Perhaps that was good because I could greet their dog as if she was the most important person in the house. In the morning we had grins and hugs all around. A little kissing was included, but most kisses were dodged. We will babysit for these children tonight. We are all looking forward to that.

We will leave on Sunday, hoping that the weather will be as good as predicted. Love those easy travel predictions.

Paula

No comments: