Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Up and Down Day

Hello,

Seems to me I felt good when I got up. I went to the chiropractor and had the usual treatment on my rather solid neck muscle knots. They do not hurt me, but those massage therapists do not like them. They are perhaps looser than they were, but it is hard to say for sure. Shoulders back? Yes, head back? Yes, and sitting tall. It should all help right? My blood pressure was a bit high for me, but not to dangerous levels.

This afternoon Leroy and I had an appointment with SHIP so we can figure out what to do next in terms of getting a supplement for our Medicare which will start February 1, 2014. That went ok, but when we checked with the church system we learned that Leroy cannot have that insurance without being called again by a church because he has been away from that employment for too long. Even if he were to be called by the church in Wisconsin it cannot happen by February 1, 2014.

If we were to pay for it by ourselves it would be quite expensive. Groan! I now know that I have been stewing about all of these health/financial security issues even though I try to put on a calm front. In the end I can fool myself better than I can fool Leroy who said, “I thought you have been bothered by this.”

“And you are not,” I asked, “Are you?”

“No,” he said.

I know that worry is not productive or healthy, but I grab onto it anyway, slyly as a thief in a store I tuck it out of sight where it burns a hole in my pocket. It is so seductive looking. It seems there should be some good outcome from it, not high blood pressure or a tight neck.


Paula

No comments: