Sunday, May 1, 2011

Roommates

Hello,

Yesterday afternoon I laid on my blow up mattress in Sophia’s room while she was going to be napping. It did not take her long to ask if she could join me. After I agreed she promptly climbed in and took the inside spot. That was great because, if she falls asleep, this girl takes a multi hour nap and I had no intentions of staying so long. It took her a while to fall asleep although she followed the no talk rule, but sighing, throat clearing, and twitching did not count so I heard some of that. I suspect we both fell asleep at about the same time. I however only stayed there for 45 minutes.

Last night I went to her room about 8:30 so she could know that I was sleeping in her room as the night before I got up to take care of Logan and she was sure that I deserted her. At 9:30 she still had not fallen asleep although again she respected the no talk rule. I got up because I wanted to do some more reading. “Where are you going, Granny?” she asked.

“I am going to put drops in my eyes,” I told her. I did do that even though it had not been my original purpose. I would be on duty with Logan for the first part of the night, but I felt truthful in saying that I would be back.

Sophia was delighted to see me sleeping in her room in the morning. Her alarm clock displays a green light when it is time to get up so she was quick to point out that it was time to get up. Instead I invited her to come in my bed for a while so we could get in some snuggling time before I walked Cloe who had come into the room to check on us or perhaps to urge me to get all the way out of bed and walk.

It was 30 degrees F. this morning, much colder than yesterday, but it was not raining so it was more comfortable. Cloe and I were not the only walkers today.

Paula

No comments: