Thursday, May 19, 2011

Haircut and Flowers

Hello,

My haircut was a bit overdue, but the humidity makes my hair look shorter as it curls up more tightly. Now my hair seems a little short, but the style is nice. Leroy pronounced it good.

Again this stylist suggested that I should get a hair dryer with a diffuser, or however you spell that word. I wish I could rent one to see if I could figure out how to make it work for me. I am not much good at doing things with my hair beyond washing, combing, and groaning. Even when I put on any gel or other product it is not the beautiful outcome that I see in my mind. At least now I have again a good cut and that helps considerably.

I also went to the greenhouse to see what annuals they might suggest as being undesirable for deer. The first response was, “They like it all.”

Then marigolds seemed like a possibility after I suggested them. But the next advice just about blew me away. If you are squeamish you might want to skip this.

“Do you have a dog?” she asked and added, “Deer do not like dog hair that you put around your plants.”

“No, and I do not know anyone who lives close with a dog,” I said.

“Do you have a spouse?” she asked next.

At my yes response she told me to take his urine and spray it on the plants.

“We have to collect this…?” I mused with a gleam in my eye.

“Yes,” she said and added with authority, “It is the testosterone in it that they do not like. My dad used to use that plus ammonia plus some dish soap mixed up and sprayed on the plants.”

“It is like marking territory,” I laughed. I could not wait to tell Leroy about his great contribution to the beauty of the yard.

“I think it would be easier to just put it directly on the plants in the middle of the night,” Leroy stated.

He is going to do it, but more discreetly into a spray bottle. It has to be reapplied after each rain. Just think of all the valuable resources that we throw away. Now we put urine on flowers, not on the vegetables just in case you wondered, as well as burying garbage in the garden.

Paula

No comments: