Sunday, May 8, 2011

More Learning

Hello,

My big lesson today is that it is hard to take a nap with the window open to a busy park across the street. Cars drive past, horns honk, people talk, and birds sing. Perhaps I have to relearn things each year because surely this gem was tucked away in the recesses of my brain waiting to called forth.

Another lesson, when the garage sale CD cover says “power yoga” it might be a tough go for the whimps of the world. This sequence of moves for 20 minutes not only moves faster than I am used to, but it includes some arm balance poses that require more than my arms have ever thought of doing for any reason. I will try it and pause when necessary or just watch in awe.

I also bought a garage sale book about yoga with several series of moves for different health issues. Because I can flip from picture to picture at my own pace, this will not be so daunting and very possible to do.

The last lesson learned is, when the electrical power goes out and I need to set the time on the phone it is not asking for seconds but am or pm in the last position. That only occurred to me after I had tried three times and spent maybe as much as 30 minutes attempting to get the number of seconds entered by forcefully pushing the buttons, ordering it, and cajoling. Course each time I tried the same way as it seemed so logical. After we received the first call and the date and time were displayed I realized what I should have done. Sure I have gained some new brain cells today.

Paula

No comments: