Saturday, May 14, 2011

Musings

Hello,

“Look at that squirrel! It has the whitest belly, or do they always have that?” I commented as we were on our morning walk.

The next time we saw more squirrels we checked them out. Their lighter bellies were not of the same whiteness. When we lived in St. Paul we had white squirrel that lived in or close to our yard.

One morning this week I walked alone and as I was crossing the intersection close to the house I noticed a truck approaching on my right. I stepped off the curb and got to the middle of the street when I decided the truck might not stop behind the stop sign. I hesitated, and it came within a foot of so of me, close enough that I I could feel the engine heat. The driver stopped so that he was almost in the street he was going to turn onto. He had to wait for an on coming car. I turned and walked around the back of the truck so I could get out of the middle of the street. Boy some people do not give an inch to the pedestrian even if they got there first.

I decided it would be nice to have a pair of black sandals that I could wear to church or other more formal places. I checked the two shoe stores in the mall but came up empty. I asked for black sandals that had nothing between the toes and were slightly dressy. I would have liked them in size 10.5, but that is like asking for the moon and stars. At the other shoe store I almost did not stop as I quickly get worn out or tired of shopping. I asked and they had one pair that more or less fit my requirements. Not so dressy, but not quite as sporty looking as my keens. They were $95. I wondered what Leroy would say if I bought them. Actually he never criticizes my shoe choice or expenses, but I am not sure why as I certainly do. When the sales guy was getting them out of the box I went over to look at the sale rack. On that rack was almost the exact same sandal, now marked down to $59. I brought it over and asked about it, learning that it was last year’s model with slight decoration differences. Guess what I bought last year’s model after I tried it on and it felt very good. Leroy thought it was a good choice. These were not size 10.5, but 11 however the Velcro strap allows me to make it tight enough to have the sandal stay on my foot without trouble. I should send a thank you note to the Velcro inventor for increasing safety and pleasure in my life.

Paula

No comments: