Monday, May 2, 2011

Growing

Hello,

Course we all notice how Logan is growing as he adjusts to life around him. The rest of us are also making big adjustments like getting less sleep, jiggling and jouncing more, and coaxing smiles.

Again I took a nap/quiet time with Sophia. I think before sleep came she had burned 500 calories. It is quite amazing how many ways there are to settle into the space. A dog circling getting just the proper spot would sympathize. Then the question becomes where do sharp knees and elbows go as we grow? I am basing this question on the difference between sleeping with Sophia and sleeping with Leroy. Do those joints broaden out or is the edge worn off over time with much use flopping around on the floor?

This morning the temperature was a mere 33 degrees when Cloe and I walked. I did not bring a winter coat so I was grateful for the stillness. There was sleet in the air when I started, but it had diminished by the time I got home. On my feet were sandals and wool socks. That is a surprisingly comfortable covering. At least my feet like to walk in the sandals and the wool does a great job of keeping me warm. See I am growing too as I learn new things.

The winter onions that I gave Brian survived the winter and we harvested some of those. I would like some at my house, but it will not be my house for long. Then we also picked quite a lot of rhubarb that had also grown nicely. Brian made some rhubarb bread and a rhubarb crisp that he and I are eating as no one else in the house likes it. Rhubarb is, as you perhaps know, one of those love or hate items.

One good thing about technology is that I can show my pictures wherever there is a computer. Sophia has so enjoyed looking at them. She now pushes the arrow herself as we sometimes fly through a set or reverse or even go at a snail’s pace. The downside of technology is that I rarely have pictures to show anyone without a computer.

Paula

No comments: