Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ramblings

Hello,

We have found a source of non-fertilized, non-weed kill treated grass for our garden. That is our next door neighbor. She was quite happy that we would like it as she has a time getting rid of it. I suspect that we can use all that her lawn can produce. Our lawn has been treated and I do not want that on my vegetables. As of now it seems like a perfect swap that helps both of us.

We have growing: onions, lettuce, Swiss chard, radishes, tomatoes, peppers, and volunteer vines that we do not know. We were disappointed that none of the herbs grew except for dill.

There is a small shady place that will accommodate four of my amaryllis. The rest would like to be in the ground too, but there is too much sun around here so I fear for their ability to thrive.

Going away from plants and talking about people, I had a nice webcam visit with Sarah and Lexi this morning after I figured out how to change my microphone. Later I took a snapshot of Lexi and have it, even thought it is not so totally clear, as the back ground on my computer. Those webcams are still wonderful as we can see exactly what our family looks like in spite of the fact that we do not use them as often as we once did. Sarah is looking decidedly pregnant as she and Stephen are expecting another baby in the fall.

Leroy was gone yesterday and most of today at a church meeting. He will be gone for a week in June so that gives me a feeling for what that will be like to be here by myself. I think during that week I will plan on making some visits somewhere as I do not relish so much time alone.

Paula

No comments: