Friday, May 20, 2011

Appreciation

Hello,

Even if, in spite of Leroy’s tender care, the deer eat the flowers I have already enjoyed them. We ate on the back porch last night and each time I looked out I liked seeing the red geraniums and yellow marigold flowers. What joy I get from that as I love the colors! It fills me with good feelings.

By the back side of the garage there is a garden with perennials. One of the bushes is rhododendrons. During the hard freeze times in the winter the leaves would curl together and look dead. As it warmed up the leaves perked up. In the middle of the leaf set there is a bud. These buds looked like a thing of the past as the other casing was brown. Just this morning the first one opened to a beautiful purple flower. I am so pleased.

Leroy and I were walking this morning only to hear a clicking on the road. We looked up to see a deer trying to gain footing as it dashed to the other side with its white tail erect and waving. We waited for more to follow, but they had either decided not to risk it or this one animal was alone.

I appreciate all the strength of my legs. I rode to the library only to come out and realize there was a strong head wind. It was slow going, especially up the hill. I think my speed was 5 mph most of the way, but with determination and no other option to get home I kept on. We should check the length of that hill, but I would suspect it is about two miles long.

So you see, my life is full of good things to savor and claim as gifts.

Paula

No comments: