Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Time is not Stationary

Hello,

Saturday, we went to our last concert. What now, I thought before Leroy told me that he does not have a Friday off this month except the last one when he is officially on vacation. I will find some garage sales to go to on my own. Surely I can find them or I will just learn the streets better.

By the way we did enjoy the concert. I am so glad that we got all three of the season tickets for concerts and plays. It was so nice to have that available. As with almost anything in life there are plusses and minuses to large towns and small towns. I just have to remember to appreciate what is accessible where I am. No complaining about or regretting what I might be missing from another place.

Yesterday we took our first bike ride of the season down to the library. It was quite hot and I can say that I was relieved to be able to get to the part of the hill that is not so steep. Whose idea was it to do this anyway? Leroy’s! I must never complain about his strength and endurance. He has it all and I am the wimp now.

We were early for our morning walk, but the sun still got up ahead of us. Five deer where eating in the woods and didn’t spook even when Leroy sneezed one of his famous resounding sneezes. They must be the same deer we often see and they know we are harmless in spite of loud explosions.

I mended and washed Leroy’s alb today. My mother made that for him for an ordination gift 36 years ago. It is perhaps remarkable that most of the stitching is still holding. Especially considering how much use it has gotten. Too bad mom isn’t alive so I could tell her about it.

Paula

No comments: