Friday, May 13, 2011

Disturbed Sleep

Hello,

Sleep did not come easily and when it did I seemed to be programmed to wake every hour to turn over and or go to the bathroom. But then at 1:00 am there was considerable noise, mostly yelling, outside. I assumed that there was something happening in the park. Not long after that I heard sirens that got closer and closer. Then at least two vehicles roared past the house. Making a quick get away? The sirens were turned off quite close to the house. At least three more times sirens came by. I could not contain my curiosity and looked out the bedroom window toward the park, but could see nothing out of order even after I went back and put on my glasses. Leroy had not made a move so I assumed he was sleeping.

This morning when I asked about it he had heard nothing. Some people have charmed sleep patterns that seldom get disturbed.

On our early morning walk we saw a police car along with another parked by the side of the street. A uniformed officer and additional man were looking around on the park grounds, confirming my suspicion that something had happened in the park. I decided that maybe I should never take a walk there in the middle of the night.

As I was in a store this morning I saw a woman from the church. She asked if we heard the noise last night. When I replied that I had and Leroy slept through it her eyebrows rose. Leroy now has the reputation of sleeping through anything. They have a scanner and she reported that there was a stabbing at the bar/billiards hall on the other side of the church. Hence the reason I saw nothing in the park, but I will not walk there in the middle of the night anyway.

Paula

No comments: