Thursday, May 5, 2011

Home again, Home again Jiggety Jog

Hello,

I had an uneventful trip. In spite of that travel ease, I would love to be able to take the bus, train, or plane conveniently. Thanks to my Misspellers Dictionary I could write that c word. For reasons unknown to me it took me half an hour more to go north than to come south. In general I did not drive a different speed, but just under that limit in most places. Perhaps it can be explained by the number of red stop lights I encountered. On my way out of Burlington I stopped at all stop lights, but one. The same was true of Waterloo. Or perhaps it could be explained by the increased traffic in the city in the north as it was almost three o’clock in the afternoon when going through Minneapolis, consequently I found myself gripping the steering wheel. Could that have slowed me down? On the way back I only stopped at one stoplight in Waterloo, and once in Burlington. Other good things were that the radio worked as did cruise. That is to be well blessed. I am always happy in a city where I do not have the right state license plate. I am optimistic that people will give me a little grace for being in the wrong lane or being too slow or whatever.

For a change I remembered to check my miles per gallon rate. For the total trip it was 34.99 mpg. Not so bad for a car that is seven years old and mostly ignored. Just in case you wanted to know the total trip was 779.4 miles. When I was growing up people did not so casually start on a trip of that magnitude with just an old car and an older lady. How the culture has evolved!

I have been reading mail as well as some of the newspapers that Leroy saved for me. I have to confess that I do miss the daily paper. Brian and Jen do not get it since they are unable to finish it daily. The Internet works as their news source.

The house was clean and plants had been watered, but not all leftovers consumed. Guess there was too much for one person.

Paula

No comments: