Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wheel Bearings

Hello,

Leroy drove my car yesterday, listened to the noise it makes, came home, and declared it to be a wheel bearing. Leroy does not know a lot about cars, but when he thinks that the noise I have been hearing for more than 1,000 miles is more than wind, I respect that opinion. He feels that we should instead take his much older car on our next trip to Minnesota. We will have a more knowledgeable person check it out my car before we travel with it. As Leroy said, “We can probably put $1000 into car care.”

I too had started to think the noise was getting louder and wondered about it. So I am satisfied to be traveling in the other car. Leroy finds it more comfortable anyway.

We are traveling to MN for Logan’s baptism and then on to Wisconsin for our anniversary celebration with all of our children and some additional family.

Now we are wondering what clothing to take, will it be hot, cool, cold, rainy or dry? This year has been quite changeable. That is much easier to handle when I am at home with more clothing options that meet multiple temperature swings.

Again today we rode down to the library. This was a necessary trip as I had ordered a book through interlibrary loan and they will not hold them so very long. Also Leroy had a book that he could not renew because someone else had requested it. There was a train on the tracks when we were on our way home, but I voted to wait for it as I was not sure I could make it up the steep alternative hills. As it is I do not go quickly up this long more gradual climb, but at least I can do it with out panting, much.

Paula

No comments: