Monday, December 6, 2010

Using the phone

Hello,

Those of you who have been around me a long time know that I do not easily pick up the phone and call someone. Now once I am on the phone I can be hard to get rid of. Perhaps it is such relief that a connection is made.

Today I made a couple difficult calls. It is probably not a big deal to most of you, but to me a chore. We had an insurance agent call giving us comparative estimates for our auto insurance and renters insurance. They came out $50 cheaper per year then our current company. Not a lot of money saved, but still… I did not feel right about just leaving the company without giving them a chance to state their position. We have been with them for a long time, but Leroy did not want to call. I finally I just told myself to do it and it was indeed not painful. We are going to get hard copies from the other company and go talk to our current agent to make a comparison.

A call that was not so hard to make, but I still dislike doing it was to get reservations for the play that is coming up. I would have liked to have gotten seats and a night when we got the season tickets. On the other hand it is nice that we can pick which of the seven days we would like to go as there could be a conflict with some of them and we do not know it so far ahead.

Then the really hard call is that I need to make an appointment to get a haircut. I picked out the free cut that has an expiration date on it. After a lot of searching and some help from Leroy I finally found the street on the map so I can get there. It is even closer than I expected. Now Leroy has a funeral tomorrow and an emergency at the hospital tonight so I will wait until we have two cars again. That way I am sure of transportation. The mechanic called today saying that there was something else in the clutch that is also a part of this problem. It is only another $14 and will be ready tomorrow if the part comes in. That is quicker than expected. Earlier he had talked about Thursday being the day.

Paula

No comments: