Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Driver's License renewal

Hello,

I thought I would be at the license place at 8:00. We got out of bed a little late, took a little longer walk than the past days, took a longer shower, and consequently it was 8:30 by the time I got there. There were no people in the place but the two women who worked there. At least no crowds were ahead of me. I suppose the weather makes a difference. I really did not want to be there either but mostly because my license has the best picture of me that I have ever had on a driver’s license. I suspect that this time I could not be so fortunate, especially since Leroy had to take his glasses off for his. Would you even recognize me if I did not wear glasses? I certainly would not be able to see you.

Looking at my license, the woman said, “You do not have to renew until next year.”

“What?” I asked as I was sure that I had checked the date. It did indeed say 2011. Embarrassing, I just hope she did not think it was an age thing. Well that is nice I get to keep that good looking picture for one more year. Course Leroy wondered if the address was correct, but I did not check on that since I had sent it in to the state office shortly after we moved here. True they had not given me any indication that they had received that notification.

Guess that got me all off on another thought pattern because I totally forgot about Bible study and went shopping instead. After all I was out of milk.

This afternoon I practiced the organ in a cold sanctuary with temperatures that were, according to the secretary below 50 degrees F. I will say that my hands and feet got quite cold. I did not wear my coat, but had my warm scarf wrapped around my throat. Maybe stiff fingers would explain any mistakes that I made.

Paula

No comments: