Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Out and About

Hello,

The mechanic called this afternoon to let us know that the car was ready. When Leroy got home from the funeral we went to get it. By the way Leroy was quite concerned about the cemetery part of the service since this woman had been in the WAVES and there is a military piece outside. Surprise, surprise, the veterans no longer do anything outside when it is cold. So Leroy did not have to worry and he could speed along with what he had to say when in the cool air.

“Do you want to shop,” Leroy asked, “after you pick up the car since you will be in the area of some store?”

“Oh shopping takes too much energy,” I said, “I need to go in the morning when I am fresh and better able to handle it.”

But then I decided I would do some as I wanted to get my welcome flowers at Hy-Vee since the temperature had raised a few degrees and the morning might again be cool and kill the flowers before I got them in the warm car. Since I was doing that stop I might as well do three more. Then three turned into another quick stop. The car started every time. Does that mean it is fixed? Who knows?

All in all I did quite well. Without feeling too tired I even got a new sweater, but sadly no boots. The store had some Keen’s that I thought would be great, but it was too tight on my left foot. That is sad since I do like walking in my Keen sandals. I even walked in them this morning wearing thick wool socks. The temperature on our thermometer in the back was zero and in the front ten degrees. So it was somewhere in that territory. I have to admit that my feet were a little cold by the time I got home. I might have to get out the Sorrels, but they are not the best walking boot, however they are warm, dry, and they fit me.

I learned today that I have a rather high arch and that is what makes it difficult for me to slip my foot into a high top boot that does not have a zipper or other expansion of the opening. I had always thought it was because my foot is so big. All the time there are new things to learn.


Paula

No comments: