Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Shopping

Hello,

In the morning there was brain engaging and thought provoking bible study. Some disagreements were even aired and discussed. We certainly all can see the same words in a different way.

Next on my agenda was luncheon with one of the circle groups. The other group also had a lunch at the same time. I am sticking with my plan to alternate. As one woman today pointed out she looked forward to the time to spend talking with me, but we will not be at the same group event until March since neither of these groups meet in January and in February I will be going to the other group meeting. That certainly means that I do not get to know people very well. After this lengthy luncheon it was on to shopping.

I am not the world’s most enthusiastic shopper. I do what I have to do. Besides today was senior day at three stores and much to my surprise I fit solidly into that category. It seemed prudent to take advantage of some of those shopping lures.

We only had two candles in our advent wreath. Those candles had come from IKEA and they perfectly fit the holes. Unfortunately I am not close to an IKEA store. I was able to find replacements and pack the holes to stop the wobbling of smaller bases on the candles.

One of the stores rewarded me for having a birthday this month so of course I must buy something there. I even found a small Christmas gift for Leroy that I am sure he will like.

Another store sent me coupons on line that were for 15% or 20% off of merchandise. For some reason it printed off a sheet of four and I only needed one for all of my purchase. I gave them to the next two people in line behind me and wished them a Merry Christmas. It is easy to give away something the costs me nothing, but I still felt good about it.

I got my free ice cream for being new in town, read the ingredients label before eating and vowed not to buy it for a long time to come. My plain yogurt is so much better for me and I like it much more as it does not leave a taste in my mouth. Is it some of those artificial ingredients causing that? There was a time in our lives when we had not eaten “store” bread for almost a year, when we did again have some, both of us commented on the sharp taste in it. Someone suggested that it was the preservatives.

Paula

No comments: