Friday, December 10, 2010

the Parks

Hello,

One loud bang followed another. I have heard that before so did not think much of it. Movement flashed towrds the big window in front. It was a deer sporting a nice set of antlers closely followed by its friend also supplied with antlers. They seemed to be racing right to the house and the window, but veered off and cut around the corner when a third dashed past as well. Lucky me I got to see them in two windows. Just as I was ready to run to the back to watch I saw a fourth deer with small antlers charging out of the park, across the street, toward the house, and around the corner. Looking out the back revealed that they were dashing over the choppy ground of the empty bean field before they slipped between houses on the other side. I thought the noise had come from the back, but perhaps I was mistaken. Surely those deer know what they are doing.

It was a bit warmer this afternoon. I hung out clothes and then Leroy and I took a walk in the park. It seemed the park was teaming with people. Frisbee golf players were out working their way round the course. Some thought it warm enough at 40 degrees to just wear a t-shirt with no jacket. Bang, clang told the listeners that the skateboarders were practicing their skills. Dogs might have outnumbered people as some walkers had two dogs and only one human. There were a few others who, like us, were just walking.

Leroy did not feel so very well so he made just a short circuit. He also did not go to the dentist this morning. He was coughing and sneezing some so it did not seem prudent to have someone look very much in his mouth. This dentist recommends that I have a crown replaced because the bone under it is wearing away.

Just a progress report, I have managed to eliminate one old not well liked sweater from my collection.

Paula

No comments: