Saturday, December 18, 2010

Helper Leroy

Hello,

Leroy is a great helper around the house. He almost never says no to a request and he never complains. What more could I want? Oh no, sometimes I do want more, I want it all.

The other day in the laundry area, Leroy noticed a laundry basket half full of clothes. Assuming the clothes had been washed he proceeded to take it upstairs and to sort out his things putting them away. I came through later ready to start that load of laundry, but could not see the basket that I thought I had left in plain sight. I checked both closets and the bathroom in the area. No basket. I looked around on the rest of the main level wondering why I would have moved it. Then after checking the closets and bathroom again I went upstairs. There was the basket in our bedroom still with a small amount clothes in it.

“Leroy I think we had better buy some nursing care insurance as you are surely going to need it. I have early onset Alzheimer’s.” I told him, feeling nervous about my sanity. “Oh dear,” I thought that is another sign, isn’t it, feeling scared and nervous.

“Why on earth is that?” Leroy asked.

“I took the laundry basket with dirty dark clothes upstairs and have absolutely no memory of doing that,” I told him.

Leroy started laughing, “I came home needing to get something upstairs, thought those were clean clothes, took them upstairs for you, put my clothes away, and left yours in the basket.”

It took awhile but I did eventually laugh although with some relief as well as some irritation at my great helper.

Paula

No comments: