Thursday, December 2, 2010

Car Tales

Hello,

Yesterday I drove that intermittently not starting car all over shopping with many starts. Last night Leroy complained that I had parked over to close to the other car in the garage. Even though I insisted I could not have done that I went out to move it. It was indeed very close to the other car making it difficult to even get in. only it did not start. True to form all the lights come on, but no engine turning over. This afternoon I tried again and same story.

A friend suggested that I Google it to learn if others have had a similar problem. It is indeed the case. We have been fortunate that it has never been a huge deal that it would not start. Some even felt it should have been a recall, but it did not happen. We can replace the starter, but it might not present a fix. Tomorrow we are to take it to have the window problem solved. I wonder if it will start in the morning or will it have to be towed. Maybe there will be a solution if it reacts when he is looking at it.

This morning I played the organ some. It is a wonderful instrument unfortunately I am rusty with disuse, but it was still play for me. I will have to practice so I can feel more comfortable with it. It is sometimes hard for me to figure out what stops I like. I usually know what combinations I do not like, but cannot always get a feel for the best use of them. The tone is lively in this large solid surface room.

There was some talk that I might play for the Christmas Eve service, but the choir is also going to sing and I have so seldom accompanied that I really do not want to do it. I am hoping that someone else can do the choir bit and I could do the rest. One of the best things is that there is no new liturgy to learn just old familiar hymns. Who knows? I might even find that to be fun.

Paula

No comments: