Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Style

My Style
December 8, 2010

Hello,

Leroy stayed home today, coughed, sneezed some, blew his nose, snuffed his nose, read some, and slept some. I am ready for him to be well tomorrow. Last night he was noisy so he rolled over, but then in a bit he started to whistle through his nose or mouth. I simply gave up and went to the spare bed with gratitude for that alternative possibility. We are blessed to have more than we need.

I am pleased with myself as I figured out how to dim the light in the bedroom. It is with a fan. There is a switch on the wall as well as a remote. The dimmer possibility is on the remote. It is not so easy to do it because the button is small or my fingers are large. All with the same switch you can dim, brighten, and turn on/off.

I think the pictures that I posted yesterday do lie. I have more gray hair than it would appear and my hair is thinner. Also it took three shots before we could get a good one of Leroy, Sophia, and I. Three people, three tries, perhaps that makes sense.

Today I got a flu shot so now I should be well for the rest of the winter, right? We are fortunate that our insurance pays for it. The pharmacist wanted to know if I were on Medicare. Do I really look that old? But then I am not sure when I could sign up for that. I am 62 almost 63 is that close enough?

I am working on a Christmas letter that is not materializing. It was easier when the family was bigger with more possibilities of things that happened around here. Now it is just two of us and only one of us is interesting in any one day.

Paula

No comments: