Friday, December 3, 2010

That Car Again

Hello,

Leroy went out to start the car preparatory (Grateful for proper spelling in my Misspeller’s Dictionary.) to taking it to the shop to get the malfunctioning windows fixed. That darn or good car started on the first try. So no jumping or groaning was necessary.

At the shop Leroy also told them about the starter problem only to have them tell him that it needed to be malfunctioning when they checked it. Leroy then went on to give them the history and information that we/he had gleaned from the Internet. Later the mechanic called to tell us that he had also found the statement that if it will not start intermittently and it was the original starter the switch needed to be replaced. We will get that done for less than $300, but I am in agreement that it is a manufacture’s problem and they should stand behind their product. After all, this car was from an American company. Supposedly that is how business here operates. I do not believe that I think there are the same people all over the world so some do and some don’t anywhere.

It will be a blessing to not worry about the car starting especially when it is cold and inconvenient in other ways. As far as I can tell it is never really convenient for it not to start because the only time I try to turn it on I want the car to move. Isn’t that the purpose of a car? By the way the window problem was a broken wire.

It is also a blessing to have two cars even though we do not need them in this place.

Garbage needed to be buried. “If the ground is not frozen,” Leroy said, “I will do it after we eat.”

“The ground frozen?” I asked, “It can’t be yet. You are just too much trying to get out of a job.”

Then I proceeded to go and guess what? The top inch or so was frozen. By pushing forcefully, I could still bury our small amount of peelings.

Then later I realized we needed a new check register. “I have been waiting for the new checks to come so we can use that.” Leroy said.

“Oh there are more downstairs,” I emphatically stated.

Well again Leroy was right. I think that might even become a habit. He is right and I am wrong. How could that happen?

Paula

No comments: