Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Putting up the Tree

Hello,

Sunday, in spite of being busy, we got the tree up. Is it really a tree when not wood? Anyway I hauled parts upstairs. Thanks Brian and Jen for this good looking tree that is not a tree. Leroy helped get it up and branches fluffed to look more like a tree. I thought I could decorate it Monday.

We put the tree in the front window and that is when I discovered that a breeze blows under the window. A rather cool breeze when it is below zero outside. I got our body pillow thinking it might cover it, but the window is larger so I added a throw. That blocked the breeze, but not all of the cold.

Monday morning I practiced or sorted through music trying to figure out what I would play. At noon we put on the lights. We even remembered to check first to see if they worked. Then the ornaments went on with talk about the history, condition, and placement of many of them.

Now I think we have a good looking tree. This morning I plugged in the lights to enjoy it in the early morning dusk only to find that the bottom string of lights no longer works. Do you suppose the between the two of us Leroy and I can take that off without breaking any ornaments? We do have two spare light sets. In the past we have put lights outside but in the last years it has not worked very well because of outlet placements. Now I am glad that we still have that spare string as one way or another we will get it on the tree.

Gradually I am bringing up other Christmas decorations. Maybe tomorrow I will get many more up. I need to renew my driver’s license and I thought I might get that done in the morning if it is not snowing. One thing about not working for a boss I can be flexible in my routine, no money earned, but lots of satisfaction.

Paula

No comments: