Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Pre trip Info

Hello,

Before trip details I should talk about playing for church. On the whole it went ok. The only big thing was that I lost track of the number of verses played in one hymn and started in with no one singing with me. I still am not sure about the settings that I used. I liked the tone quality, but I think it might have been a bit quiet. It seemed quite loud in the empty church when I practiced. Attendance was low because of the snow that was blanketing the earth and the continual additions to that blanket. It was truly beautiful. Leroy does not like the low attendance, but I find it easier to deal with a smaller group.

Leroy and I shoveled a little on the drive before we went to bed. Mostly we cleared the area facing the garage. In the morning we woke early and getting outside at maybe 5:30. There was probably about four inches out there. With the warmer temperatures it was quite heavy snow. We had almost cleared the area in front of the garage again and were talking about taking a break when a truck with snow removal blade was driving by, went past the driveway, backed up, and came in.

“Leroy, they probably are looking for work and would do the drive for a fee.” I commented.

The truck came to us, stopped, put down the window, the bearded driver stuck his head out and said, “Good morning, pastor.”

He proceeded to drop the blade, back out of the drive, wave, and zip on down the street. He finished in two minutes what would have taken us half an hour to an hour. We are blessed again, pressed down and running over.

Because of that help we got on the road a little earlier than we had expected. It helped us feel a bit more at ease since we did not know what the roads would be like, although we hoped the snow had stopped early enough to give the workers a chance to get it clear.

Paula

No comments: