Sunday, October 12, 2008

Webcam Sunday School

Hello,

The adult Sunday school had as their visitor, Stephen Padre (my son-in-law) from Kenya. Unfortunately the connection was slow so we ended up doing instant message. It was great that they did get to see his face for a short while. Once in a while they could hear him, but much of the time his words were garbled. At least he is a fast at keyboarding.

I was pleased that the technology worked at all. Stephen did a fantastic job of getting his message across to all of us. I think it helps people to know someone personally who is somehow connected to the situations out in the world. Who knows how one little kernel of information will affect someone down the road of life?

I was pleased to see so many people come to this particular class so I think that is good too that additional people could hear it as well.

Yesterday I called Martha, "Can I pick some more apples?"

"You sure can," she replied, "When do you want to go? Now?"

"That sounds good to me," I responded.

This vigorous 83-year-old can haul full five-gallon buckets with the best of them. I hope I have that kind of energy even next year.

I am so excited because I now have such a great supply of apples. We must make some more delicious cider. I think I will have to share most of it since we do not have a freezer, but that is fine it seems terrible to let these great juicy apples rot away in the field. Some of the apples are so big that I do not think I have ever picked bigger. What a lovely gift! I will make more apple crisp and applesauce too.

We are wallowing in goodness.

Paula

No comments: